Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Am NO Quitter


I recently stopped smoking. To be one hundred percent accurate, I stopped smoking 93 hours ago. I know it is early days, and I am a risk statistic until I have successfully completed a year smoke free, but I am getting more and more relieved with every day.


In the last 3 years I have kicked a drug habit, lost 40 kg's in weight, seriously reduced my alcohol intake, moved from a decade with the same company to a new and exciting job, and now stopped smoking. If one had to take a snap shot of my life now, compared to three to four years ago, I am sure they would look like different people and different lives.
I definitely give myself a huge pat on the back for my focus and determination on all of these items, but in truth I have my Partner to thank. She came in to my life when it was upside down. I was obese, unhealthy, and definitely not very happy, and caught in a downward spiral. She loved me for who I am, and never put any pressure on me. She was just ever present, and ever supportive. She is the catalyst who helps me springboard in new directions. She is the glue that holds me together.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my glue babe! love you! I am so proud of you!! xx